Monday, March 30, 2015

WRITING QUOTE - March 30, 2015

"Remember, it is no sign of weakness or defeat that your manuscript ends up in need of major surgery. This is a common occurrence in all writing, and among the best writers."

- William Strunk Jr. -

I like quotes that remind me that I'm not going to have it all figured out on the first try. Mistakes are commonplace and, what I've found for myself, needed if I truly want to grow. 

I learn from every person I come in contact with, whether I'm fully aware of it in the moment or not. I am given examples of how I want to be and how I don't want to be. 

Every book I read I'm shown how I want to write and how I don't want to write. 

As with anything, there is more to know than what I know at the time and always will be. My life improves, along with my experiences, when I'm aware that I'm not perfect and making mistakes can actually be beneficial if I'm willing to learn from them.




No comments:

Post a Comment