Wednesday, March 18, 2015

WRITING QUOTE - March 18, 2015

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die."

- Isaac Asimov - 

I don't believe I would die physically per se, but I would die spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. 

I've tried to stop writing before, more from the standpoint of believing that what I wrote wasn't worth anything and definitely wasn't work that should be brought to the light of day. 

It didn't work so well, not writing. 

Not writing for me is like slicing my body in half and stuffing one half in a closet and barricading the door, regardless of how much the other half screams in pain.

I'm not willing to do that anymore. Writing is essential to me and who I am, whether anyone likes the writing I create or not. 

Of course, this doesn't mean I don't try and learn and hone my skill, but I'm less willing to hide because of what I think others are thinking of me. 

Plus, I'm having fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment