Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WRITING QUOTE - March 17, 2015

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

- Elbert Hubbard - 

I had a moment earlier, when I was attempting to finish a project, that I stumbled into the too-serious mind set. My serenity of the day crashed to the floor, as if it were an etched-crystal vase shattering splinters of glass everywhere. 

I stopped working and left the house, chose to meet a friend for lunch instead. Of course, within seconds of meeting my friend on the street corner, because the restaurant we had chosen was unexpectedly closed, I felt better, less serious, and open to the possibility of "no big deal."

Before long, I completely forgot I had even dropped my serenity, for it filled me again through laughter, talking, and drinking tea. And food. 

So, I find it funny to read this quote now, after having been too serious earlier. There's so much more to behold than the seriousness of what I think needs to be done and when and how and so on. 

And imagine, once home, after lunch and restoration, I finished the errands without glitch or splinter, and then I moved on to writing where I finished revising another chapter.





No comments:

Post a Comment