Friday, March 20, 2015

*WRITING QUOTE - March 20, 2105

"Life sometimes gets in the way of writing."

- Jean M. Auel - 

Life can get in the way of so many things, especially when there's children involved. I can make all the plans I want, but I know my plans may have to be altered to accommodate the need of a child. 

What I need to be mindful of are my priorities. 

If I know my priorities, which include not only family obligations but priorities for myself too, then I know what needs to be done first and so on and so on. 

Writing is an important priority for me, so it is top on my list, which means it is best for me to get it done in the morning, because the likelihood of getting to it later in the day is nil, considering the other obligations, like taking care of children, making dinner, cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, etc.

Along with writing, at least for myself before I am available to my family, I need to have time in the day where I fit in self-care, like yoga, meditation, prayer, reading, knitting, playing banjo, taking the dog for a walk, touching base with friends. 

A lot of these I couldn't fit in everyday when I had an outside-of-the-home-job, but since I am a homemaker or housewife or stay-at-home mom, whichever label works best, I have more time to fit some, if not all, of these into my day.

And what's amazing about keeping these priorities is that I'm actually more available to my family and the other obligations I have in life, which doesn't seem like it should be that way, but it is.

But even with the best of plans, life still can get in the way. Better to go with the flow, show up where I can, trust that it will all work out, and do my best, whatever I'm doing.




No comments:

Post a Comment