Thursday, October 2, 2014

WRITING QUOTE FOR THE DAY - October 2, 2014

It is impossible to discourage the real writers--
they don't give a damn what you say;
they're going to write.
- Sinclair Lewis

I hesitate to say I am a real writer, but I do write and I am real . . . so maybe that's all that's needed. Plus, I'm not capable of not writing. 

I've tried to let go of my writing, when my mind was overwhelmed with negative thoughts, telling me I'm going nowhere, writing nothing worth reading. Then I'd find myself writing in my head, while waiting for traffic to move or in the grocery store line. Words would collect and painted a picture of different realities, simultaneous with my own.

I decided to stop stopping myself and just write, because the writing doesn't care if I get it on paper or not. The writing persists in my mind, opening doors to other worlds and people, each wanting their story told. 

Today I write and am a real writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment