Wednesday, October 1, 2014

WRITING QUOTE FOR THE DAY - October 1, 2014


People on the outside think there’s something magical about writing, 
that you go up in the attic at midnight and cast the bones and come 
down in the morning with a story, but it isn’t like that. You sit 
in back of the typewriter and you work, and that’s all there is to it.

-Harlan Ellison-

My experience with writing is one of consistency and perseverance. There are days, when I sit and the story unfolds like it was waiting to jump from my mind to the page, eager and willing. 

And then, there are days where the opposite is true; the story isn't there, or only partly there, but either way it is definitely not eager or willing to reveal its secrets to me. Those are considered work days for me, where I convince myself there is usefulness in showing up and doing the work regardless.

For me, writing is a part of me, something to be acknowledged, and sometimes even reckoned with (internal sparring), and I feel better, always, if I sit and write, whether a work day is ahead of me or a willing and eager story jumping from mind to page.



No comments:

Post a Comment