Tuesday, October 7, 2014

WRITING QUOTE FOR THE DAY - October 7, 2014

Any man who keeps working is not a failure. He may not be a great writer, but if he applies the old-fashioned virtues of hard, constant labor, he’ll eventually make some kind of career for himself as a writer.

- Ray Bradbury -

I read this and know this to be true. But today I sit here not feeling it. I want to write. I want to sit and crank out great words and inspiring scenes and so on, but I'm not. I feel like I'm underwater, dragging a limp leg, desperate for air.

I'm not in the failure or not failure battle, but I am not immersed in old-fashioned virtues of hard, constant labor at the moment either. I feel lazy and am procrastinating, not writing.

I figured I'd stay with as much effort as I could muster for right now. Write my thoughts on this Bradbury quote and see what sparks. If that doesn't catapult me to where I want to be, then I'll read and try again this evening. 

With the collection of enough moments throughout the day I will have my writing quota and can begin again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment