Sunday, October 5, 2014

WRITING QUOTE FOR THE DAY - October 5, 2014

In a good bookroom you feel in some mysterious way that you are absorbing the wisdom contained in all the books through your skin, without even opening them.

-Mark Twain-

When I'm traveling and drive through a town, one of the first things I scan for is a bookstore, preferably a local one, not a big chain. I love the feeling that overcomes me, when I step across the threshold and behold the smell and coziness of books, all kinds, all stacked.

My mind quiets and any tension I may have from living in the outside world lessens, and I am comforted. Once settled, perusing the aisles and running the tips of my fingers against the book's spines, thousands of whispering voices fill the air, as if the books themselves cannot contain the stories they possess and have to give themselves away.

Mysterious, indeed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment