Monday, October 6, 2014

WRITING QUOTE FOR THE DAY - October 6, 2014

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.

-Maya Angelou-

This is my experience. When I'm stuck, with no words to put on paper, I find another avenue of creativity to jumpstart my hiding-words. I play music on the stereo and dance. I pick up my banjo or my guitar and create my own music or play someone else's. I may bake a delight from scratch. Or knit a hat. Or create a card for a special friend.

Sometimes the creativity I need to tap into is a new perspective, like laying on the floor, riding my bicycle, taking a walk, going barefoot in the grass, climbing a tree (an easy one, where I won't break my neck), swinging at the park, sliding down a kid's slide. 


Really, anything that helps me get out of the everyday-box I place myself in. The more I tap into the creative-lines around me the more accessible my own creativity is.



No comments:

Post a Comment