Monday, December 15, 2014

WRITING QUOTE - December 15, 2014

To live for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top.

- Robert M. Pirsig - 


I relate this to my writing, and a number of other things. Several years ago, writing was a means to an end, to attain the proverbial arrival at fame and fortune. Of course, my sights were set other than where they needed to be. I eventually changed my stance, decided to look around, and enjoy the action of writing, right now, as it is in this moment. 

I have since appreciated the adventure of writing more and become a better writer because of it. Imagine, moving my gaze from what can be to what is and working from there; progress is made and rather steadily.

The mountain's sides do give me what I need, and I seem to stumble way less.


No comments:

Post a Comment