Tuesday, May 19, 2015

MUSINGS OF THE DAY - May 19, 2015

"I want you to be everything that's you, deep at the center of your being."

- Confucius - 

Knowing what's at the center of my being is a journey in and of itself, and for some, maybe a long journey without an arrival date. 

Have I arrived? Probably not, because it seems there are more things revealed about my inner person on a regular basis. An important aspect of my journey is to open to what is shown, instead of averting my eyes in fear.

I use to avert my eyes, to the point of denying myself the opportunity of not only coring to the center of my being but even of limiting my life experiences to some of the most painful. I wasn't willing to think outside the box I had placed myself in. I remained stuck in what I didn't want, in a way of living that was unfulfilling and boring.

Keeping my eyes open to what may emerge requires faith of some kind; faith that I will survive whatever comes into the light.

The light illuminates many things about myself, some that are in need of changing or getting rid of completely (if possible) and others that offer me freedom and a lightness of spirit that is indescribable. 

Honoring my writing, regardless of the results, is one of my freeing and spirit-altering truths. 


Image Source

Confucius was thought to have been in born in 551 BC in China, or what was known then as Zou, Lu. He left this world in 622 or 623 BC. He played many roles: "Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher."


No comments:

Post a Comment