Friday, May 1, 2015

MUSINGS FOR THE DAY - May 1, 2015

"When you're green you grow, when you're ripe you rot."

- Kermit the Frog - 

Being green says to me that I need to remain teachable to grow. That is always a challenge for me, because to grow means to change; the transition of changing from one thing to another is not always pleasant or confidence inspiring.

This reminds me of something a friend of mine says, "Be willing to grow where you're planted." That's definitely easier said than done. I don't always like where I'm planted, and I don't always like the prospect of having to grow there either.

I sure love the results of growth though.

I love the freedom I get when I practice humility, love, and compassion in my life. I love the result of having shown up and done what I could with where I was at. I love the release of stress and worry when I stop having to be right about everything all the time and remove my paws off of other people's lives and thoughts and ways of living; I don't have to give my stamp of approval for another to have worth or value, or to be wrong or right.

The freedom that growth brings is abundant. I can stand up for what I believe and practice those beliefs in my own life. I can use my voice, balanced with quiet when needed. I can have courage to try something new I wouldn't have done two years prior, to not be so afraid of the unknown. I can love greatly and give freely, because I don't have to attach my self-worth to material-matter or people.

Remaining teachable offers me pathways outside my normal behavioral patterns that lead me to a better way of living, which in turn opens the door to witnessing those about me, to know people as they are not the way I want them to be.

Today, I choose a green life, one full of branches of possibility, not because I expect I'll attain perfection but because my attempt is well worth my time. A certain amount of fumbling is guaranteed.

What do I have to lose?


Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment