Monday, April 13, 2015

MUSINGS OF THE DAY - April 13, 2015

"Every rejection is incremental payment on your dues that in some way will be translated back into your work."

- James Lee Burke -

This applies to so much more than writing.

When I was rejected I used to take it personally to the point of believing myself incapable of doing or being right with anyone or anything. What a downer, living like that.

Now, rejection has a different meaning for me.

I can either take it personally and dig a hole in the backyard and bury myself in it.

     - or - 

I can weigh and consider the rejection, and, as with most rejections, there's something I can grow from, something I can learn never to do to someone else, something that spurs me into action, and sometimes something that just needs to be tossed in the garbage because it has no substantial basis.

Regardless, I benefit, even if it may not feel like it at first. 


No comments:

Post a Comment