Tuesday, September 8, 2015

MUSINGS - September 8, 2015

"Sometimes you can do all the right things and not succeed. 
And that's a hard lesson of reality."

- Donna Tartt -

The reality of living, in that nothing is permanent or necessarily a guarantee that x and y will lead to z.  

I have definitely had moments where I believed if I did this, then that, and so on, I would for sure get what I wanted. Of course, I was then greatly disappointed when the situation fell through and it didn't go anywhere near the way I planned. 

I've also started a project or job and believed I was heading in a particular direction to only find myself being diverted to another path, a path which I needed to be on. I can't always see that. I can get stuck in the two-year-old-response of, "Why aren't I getting what I want?"

Now, I'm more willing to go along for the ride, not in a passive, non-participant sort of way, but more of a gathering-information kind of way. When I do the latter rather than the former, I enjoy myself more, and I usually find that everything is just fine, even when I don't get what I want.


Image Source


Donna Tartt was born in Greenwood, Mississippi on December 23, 1963 and hasn't left this world yet. She's a novelist and writer. She's written three books: The Little Friend, The Goldfinch, and The Secret History. She's won awards, such as the WH Smith Literary Award and Pulitzer Prize. She was listed in TIME 100: The 100 Most Influential People in 2014. Her writing also includes novellas and short stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment